Tuesday 10 December 2019

Game Journalism Day 3

Surprise! We are starting from scratch on the game Desert Skies.

No, I did not die, a new version of the game was released! So, what is different? What did I do differently, having the knowledge from my first play through of the game? Do I like it as much?

First of all: Differences.

We are back to the beginning. Middle of the desert, ransacked caravan, and a whole lot of questions. The first scene has no changes, so I was able to go through it quite quickly.

The new balloon is slightly darker orange than the last one, and the oven/fuel source has a higher pipe.
There are a lot more trees and cacti in this version, it's not just a wide open desert. The wide open desert was a tad depressing so I like this better. Plus, there are a lot more resources for when you need to land. Which is good, because another one of the differences is particularly... annoying.
There is WAY more space between point A and point B, or any of the locations. The travel distance needs more fuel - and it uses up fuel faster - which is why the over abundance of trees is a good thing.
There are a few new things in the town, but the first thing to notice is that the train station has gone through some serious renovations.
The other new feature is a whole new floor at the top of the saloon. The door leads to an outside walkway and a roof layer.
There isn't really anything important up here, but it does give you a nice view!
This time around I didn't wake the seeker, I wanted to see what would happen if you just skipped town.
To answer that question; he comes after you anyways and you'll get chased by him in the next town no matter what. All that happens is you don't get coal to travel from location to location.
I do like the new version, especially since there are some rumors about collectible BOBBLE HEADS which would be amazing, but I don't find that a lot has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment